Downtown Wilmington will serve as one of two transportation hubs for the Wells Fargo Championship, which will be held at Eagle Point Golf Club May 1-7. Tournament shuttles will be the ONLY way to get to the Wells Fargo Championship. The two sites for the shuttle service are downtown Wilmington on Harnett Street, and the other in Hampstead, at the site of the annual Spot Festival. Tournament shuttles will run from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. each day of the tournament.
With up to 20,000 spectators expected each day, public parking will be limited. The City of Wilmington encourages local residents and out-of-town visitors to use the taxi/ride share option, or to be dropped off at the rideshare site, if possible. For those coming downtown, following are a few things to remember:
- Public parking: The city, New Hanover County and Cape Fear Community College will have public parking available in existing parking decks, on-street metered parking and surface lots. Click here to learn about parking options downtown.
- Free trolley to shuttle pick-up site: People parking downtown can walk to the transportation shuttle on Harnett Street, or use the downtown trolley operated by WAVE Transit to get to the shuttle. The trolley will be circulating every 10 minutes and will run from 5:45 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. each day of the tournament.
- Taxi, ride share or other drop offs: Eagle Point Golf Club is not accessible for any of these services. There is a drop off/pick up site for those using these options via North 2nd Street to Bladen Street for drop-off/pick up. Vehicles are prohibited from parking or otherwise waiting on Bladen Street.
- Bikers: The city will have bike racks available at the Harnett Street transportation shuttle site; bikes will not be allowed at Eagle Point.
- Private lots and parking decks: Several privately-owned surface parking lots and decks are available in downtown, including some along the WAVE trolley route. Some of these lots allow public parking, but not all.
Use this link to learn about the parking options downtown.
Use this link to view Map of Shuttle Area.